October 18, 2011

Beard Papa's Cream Puffs

I haven't been to Beard Papa's in a while but happened to be running errands in the neighborhood. When I walked past I could smell the delicious aroma of baked pastries.

Stopped in and was pleasantly surprised to find some new menu items:

Ice Cream Mochi (rice dumplings) in fun flavors besides green tea.



The blueberry ice cream is so tasty -- packed with very fresh blueberry flavor and not too sweet.




They also have a seasonal pumpkin cream puffs that looked awesome, but the top turned out to be a solid chunk of overly sweet hard icing. Good thing the cream puff itself was great!

Overall I'm glad I had these treats, but what put a real damper on the visit is one of the store's ladies with the red glasses was extremely rude on multiple times during this visit:
* When I asked what were the cream puffs with the orange tipping she said Pumkin DUH, rolled her eyes at me, and started bad mouthing me in Japanese.
* Then I asked what were the brown puffs and she made all sorts of exasperated gestures.
* Then she forgot to ring up the Mochi with my order and acted like it was my fault that she had to ring up a separate order. 
Thank goodness that the Mochi and Cream Puff itself were good to make up for her bad attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment