November 1, 2011

Asian Shake Shack: Kobeyaki

I was in Chelsea after a drum class and passed by this neat looking restaurant Kobeyaki that I didn't recognize. Turns out they just opened 2 weeks ago.

Other than the panel of super-sized food photos, the overall decor and experience was reminiscent of Shake Shack. Major difference is the red theme and Chinese/Japanese inspired menu.



I had a Chicken Teriyaki Burger which was topped with spicy mayo, refreshing cucumber/carrots, and an Asian bread bun. It was yummy and made me miss the Hell's Kitchen Xie Xie restaurant that closed last year.

Also had the Tempura Sweet Potato Fries. These are perfect for if you're in the mood for deep fried food or love sweet potatoes, but defnitely not something to eat every day.

They had other menu items I'd like to try, e.g. the rolls, rice/noodle bowls, burgers, and mochi ice cream.  Stop by if your neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment