September 29, 2011

Taim Falafel & Smoothies

Last weekend I was introduced to Taim as the "Best Falafel in New York City."  I love falafel, but what caught my attention was the Smoothies sign because it was a hot day and I was very thirsty.

The smoothie ingredients are unique compared to other smoothie places.
Where else can you go to get a smoothie with date, lime, pear, ginger, or basil?
I chose Banana+Date+Pear and LOVED it!  It was both thirst quenching and filling.
 The finely chopped dates nicely accented the mellow banana flavor, 
while the hint of pear gave it a subtle twist that complemented the other flavors well.

Oh yeah, I also ordered the Falafel Sampler -- 6 mini-falafel balls (2 each of 3 flavors). 
They were all very yummy -- crispy on the outside, moist and seasoned on the inside.
The green ones tasted like traditional falafel spices. The yellow ones were hot spicey and salty. And the red ones had fun red peppers mixed in.


Sorry I didn't get any pictures of the falafel balls...I ate them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment