November 8, 2011

Delicious brgr shake!

Today I wandered into brgr, a restaurant I hadn't tried before.

My first thoughts were "this looks like an American version of Kobeyaki," the restaurant next door that I discovered a few days ago. Both try to be trendy burger joints with red signs and metal background. Sorry I don't have a good picture to share, I'm realizing I need to upgrade my phone to get better photos to show you.

Brgr's niche is burgers made from grass-fed beef.  But obviously with my love for ice cream, I decided to go for a  Blueberry-Pomegranate milkshake.  I have high standards for shakes so I wasn't expecting much, but wow was I pleasantly surprised.  




The Blueberry-Pomengranate milkshake was DELICIOUS -- bursting with flavor -- so very berry blueberry!  The texture was creamy, smooth, very satisfying. 

I was happy to learn that the magic ingredient is Ronnybrook Farms ice cream.  Brgr exclusively uses Ronnybrook for all of their dairy products -- an excellent choice.  For some time Ronnybrook has been one of my favorite ice cream and yogurt makers.  If you've never tried them before, you can find them at Chelsea Market and Fresh Direct.

I was so blown away by the shake that I skipped the burger...I'll try that the next time I stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment