December 15, 2011

Who else loves ice cream as much as I do?

I was at a business holiday party today and was greeted by 3 pleasant surprises revolving around my favorite food...

When I first arrive I was impressed by the wonderfully generous and tasty looking spread of food. But what grabbed my attention was a woman handling out mini cups of ice cream from one of my all-time favorite ice cream shops. The Original Chinatown Ice Cream Factory brought their famous lychee, mango, red bean, & green tea ice creams. So this was an excellent way to start off the night.


Then someone introduced me to the owner of The Original Chinatown Ice Cream Factory ChristinaSeid. I recognized her name from their website but hadn’t met her before. Tonight I had a wonderful time chatting with her about how we both love eating ice cream (for example, when each of us vacationed in Italy last year, what do you think we did everyday?). I also enjoyed hearing about the history of this NYC establishment: she's been in the ice cream business since she was 12 years old -- her dad started it and it's still a family run business.So it was fun to learn about her background and passion for ice cream.


Then to top it off she gave me a surprise party favor gift that was wrapped in pretty paper. After I left, I tore it open and was ecstatic to find a cute set of Note cards with my favorite food printed on it:


 
Christina is so thoughtful & brilliant!

Have you had some Chinatown Ice Cream lately?  When you stop by, you might also want to pick up one of their colorful ice-cream inspired tote bags.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment