December 27, 2011

Two Great Ice Cream Flavors

Last week was a disappointing ice cream week. I was down to my last pint (B&J's Oatmeal Cookie) and wanted to restock but learned that my favorite ice cream distributor Milano Market's freezer was broken & the other store I go to for ice cream near where I live was out of stock of anything but vanilla.

Well fortunately today the latter store received a new shipment of ice cream...including several Haagen Dazs limited editions. You know I love pumpkin and blueberry flavored treats, so this was extra special to have both as ice cream flavors!

When I opened the pints I was struck by their flavorful aroma. I can't remember the last time I smelled ice cream, let alone was impressed by the yummy smell of the ingredients.

Taste test:  they both are fairly light in texture (almost like frozen yogurt). I personally prefer denser/richer texture but their flavor more than made up for the light texture.

The pumpkin was like eating delicious pumpkin pie filling and had a perfect combo of spices. I didn't taste the cranberry but that wasn't a problem since the pumpkin ice cream itself is deee-lish-cious!


The blueberry flavor was more subtle and could have used more crumbles, but overall it's good if you're in the mood for a flavor that isn't too intense or sweet.






But if you're in the mood for an intense blueberry ice cream, here are some of my recent favorites:
    Ciao Bella Blueberry Sorbet
    Beard Papa's Ice Cream Mochi

    brgr's Ronnybrook Blueberry-Pomegranate milkshake


p.s. I do apologize for the grainy photos, my iPhone 3 is dying...if anyone has an extra iPhone 4S feel free to send it my way  = )P, I promise to take nice pictures of food!

No comments:

Post a Comment