December 11, 2011

Columbus Circle Holiday Market


I was on my way home from a drumming workshop and happened upon this wonderful find -- the Columbus Circle Holiday Market.  There were over a hundred vendors selling arts and other neat stuff. 

 
(I didn't take this picture...it was way more crowded when I went on Saturday)


Of course my favorite booths were the food vendors which were lined up in a row like a mini-food-fest:

  • Breezy Hill Orchard has some awesome Gingerbread cookies.  Slightly crisp on the outside without being too hard, and deliciously chewy on the inside with a great combo of spices. They also sell Giant gingerbread men ($5) and gingerbread babies (9 for $9).
  • Wafels & Dinges It's a good thing I got my gingersnap fix from Breezy Hill because Wafels & Dinges didn't have their famous Speculoos ice cream in stock. But they have a Honey+Belgian Beer flavor... 
  • mmm Enfes has yummy homemade Turkish food, including Borek (flaky pastry stuffed with cheese or meet) and Gozmele (flat pastry with savory fillings, kind of like a crepe or quesadilla).  Definitely try their gozmele if you've never had it before!
  • Red Basil Thai Kitchen I'm not sure if this booth is related to the restaurant in Queens...They had an assortment of fun snacks like spring rolls, steamed vegetable dumplings, and chicken dumplings.  I had the chicken pastry dumpling which had a flaky pastry outside with a slightly sweet/tasty filling. 
  • La Sonrisa Empanadas Run by nice guy who has food truck in Jersey City.  I tried the Chicken Curry empanada and liked it a lot.
  • Sizzles This is another Empanada booth next door that is a startup company. 
  • German Delights Sells bratwurst and stuff
  • Bread Alone This bakery sells a wide variety of breads. I liked the garlic herb brioche.
  • There were also several other foodie booths selling Pretzels, Coffee, Tea, Kombucha, etc.

I definitely recommend checking out this Columbus Circle Holiday Market.
They are located on the Northwest corner of 59th St(Central Park South) & 8th Ave (Central Park West), near the ABCD1 trains.
Mon-Sat 10am-8pm & Sun 10am-7pm until Dec 24th.
http://www.urbanspacenyc.com/columbus-circle

If you're in the mood to explore even more markets, here's a list of some others in New York City http://www.marketsofnewyork.com/2011-new-york-holiday-markets-guide

No comments:

Post a Comment